This will be a very short lesson on why you don’t give an award to an obnoxious overachiever (think: Hermione).
I GOT NOMINATED FOR THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD!
My internet friend, Marisa, nominated me for this award. Here is her blog, so check out her work. She writes about art, music, cinema, plus she’s funny and smart and has impeccable taste in blogs.
Part of the dealio is that I am to tell 7 things about myself. Because I’ve had this blog going for so long, I’ve told almost everything, so some of this may be a repeat.
1. I have an extensive nutcracker collection. I started it accidentally, and now it’s out of control. When I put them all out at Christmastime, sometimes in the light of the tree, with all their sparkly clothes, and swords, and movable chins, they creep me the hell out.
2. I don’t like chocolate OR ice cream. I just don’t.
3. Since 1990, I have ridden my bicycle across Iowa at least a dozen times.
4. I would rather read than watch television. Anywhere, anyplace, anytime.
5. I hate country music, but I love the titles:
If You Want to Keep Your Beer Ice-Cold, Keep It Next To My Ex-Wife’s Heart
How Can I Miss You If You Won’t Go Away?
Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure
6. I backpacked through Europe when I was in college, complete with Eurail and hostel pass, and went to Greece without telling my parents. Because I went by myself, they wanted my itinerary before I went (this was the dark ages of phones – you had to go to a telephone building to make an international phone call). Greece was nowhere on the list. My dad’s still mad about that.
7. I have an insane, irrational fear of cockroaches. Dad was a Navy man. I grew up in Jacksonville, Key West, Pensacola. In a trailer. With giant, flying palmetto bugs. Me, 4 years old, the sheet pulled over my head, eyes squeezed shut, hearing those hideous things flying in my room at night. **Shudder** Not so irrational now, huh?
Another part of the deal is that I have to link to 15 of my favorite blogs. Here you go:
2. Greta’s blog
5. The Bloggess
7. Ted’s Blog
9. Joe. My. God
And there you have it – thank you again, Marisa – this was fun! I thought I’d have a little trouble coming up with 15, but I actually had to struggle to edit it down. I’ll try to do another post with another 15.
Thanks for reading!